Sunday, February 9, 2014

Through The Dark


11-08
 
THROUGH THE DARK

 
A cloud is covering me.

I can’t see through, it’s so dark and foggy

I see all but a small light far out in the distance.

I’m reaching out for it, but it seems to get farther and farther away

I’m so confused, what is happening…who am I anymore?

The light is so strong, why can’t I grab it?

I know it’s still there just waiting for me.

I’m so scared to even pray

When I used to without even questioning.

I’m lost, I can’t find myself

Where did I even go?

 

I’ve been so sheltered all throughout my life.

I stop in place, observing as the world turns around me.

I didn’t even notice, with my beliefs and standards on life

I have been so blind.

It’s all coming to me now

There is more darkness in this world than I have ever known.

People struggling to fight this darkness off, some even giving in,

The darkness is thick, self control is lost.

Why does the dark have to be so strong?

But it’s so weak at the same time

For everyone has the power deep inside them

Just wanting to get out.

 

My heart wants to scream out with help

Help to others and myself.

I feel so helpless

I’m slacking off…I never do.

Just sitting back watching, not saying a thing

For I can’t even figure myself out, and what is happening

All I can do is stay strong,

Never give up on reaching  for the light

I need to find myself through this darkness

--K.S.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment